Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Name
The Organization takes the name of “亞洲藥物濫用研究學會”, in Chinese, “Associação Asiática para a Investigação do Uso Abusivo de Substâncias”, in Portuguese , and “Asian Association for Substance Abuse Research”, in English, hereinafter referred to as “AASAR” or “the Association”.
AASAR is registered in Macau Special Administrative Region.
Article 2 Registered Office
The principal registered office of the Association is located in Macau Avenida de Kwong Tung N° 732, Nova City, Block 4, 21st floor, room D, Taipa, Macau.
Article 3 Nature
AASAR is non-profit organization and voluntarily composed by units and individuals working on substance abuse and rehabilitations.
Article 4 Aim
AASAR aims at widely implementing research activities related to substance abuse and rehabilitation and enhancing communication and cooperation between Asia and international society, under the laws of Macau Special Administrative Region and other research principles.
Article 5 Objects
AASAR is formed for the purpose of:
1. Conduct scholarly discussion and practical exchange about substance abuse and rehabilitations;
2. Offer substance abuse and rehabilitation related consolations to relative governmental department;
3. Implement substance abuse and rehabilitation related research programs authorized by government;
4. Promote substance abuse and rehabilitation related skills and patterns in Asia;
5. Foster education and training courses to improve workers’ practical skills;
6. Enhance communication and cooperation among international research organizations;
7. Conduct other substance abuse and rehabilitation related work.
Article 6 Official Language
The official languages of AASAR are Chinese and Portuguese and English shall be used for daily work in AASAR. In the event of misunderstanding, English version shall prevail.
Article 7 General Rules
1. Members of AASAR should put effort of improve the development of the Association, abide the academic disciplines, and respect others’ rights. They also should deal with all issues honestly, publicly and professionally, complete the work affordable and avoid any damage to AASAR.
2. All members should be obligated by academic disciplines, and otherwise will be punished by the General Council, including limited or terminated memberships, unless the actions are simply personal actions.
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 8 Classes
The classes of membership in AASAR are individual members and unit members.
Article 9 Qualification
The members of AASAR should be qualified as following:
1. Interested in AASAR’s research issues;
2. Support the constitution of AASAR;
3. Intend to involve in AASAR;
4. Work on relative issues shared with AASAR.
Article 10 Entry Procedure
Anyone who intends to join in AASAR should:
1. Submit application forms;
2. Be discussed and approved by the General Council;
3. Submit application forms by unit if the applicant is unit;
4. Be issues certification by the General Council or other representatives.
Article 11 Withdrawal
Any member may withdraw from membership in AASAR by transmitting a notice in writing to the General Council before fully paid the membership dues. If any member, who fails to pay the membership dues or does not attend activities more than 2 continual years, will be viewed as withdraw voluntarily.
Article 12 Member’s Rights
AASAR’s members should enjoy the following rights:
1. To vote, be voted, propose and removal the office in the Governance Bodies of the AASAR;
2. To participate in all membership activities;
3. To use facilities of AASAR;
4. To discuss and publish research results;
5. To receive AASAR’s services with high priority;
6. To suggest, criticize and supervise AASAR’s operations;
7. To join in and quit freely;
8. To enjoy other rights granted by laws, constitution and bylaws.
Article 13 Membership Duty
All members shall be obliged the following duties:
1. Support the Association’s constitution and bylaws;
2. Participate in all activities organized by AASAR actively;
3. Complete the work assigned by AASAR;
4. Safeguard the legitimate rights and interest of AASAR;
5. Improve the cooperation between AASAR and members;
6. Pay membership dues under regulations;
7. Implement other duties authorized by laws, constitution, and bylaws.
Article 14 Disciplines
Any member, who violates the regulations in Article 13, will be requested to withdrawal by the vote of more than 2/3 members.
All detailed disciplines will be otherwise specified in other bylaws of AASAR.
Chapter 3 Organizations and Authorities
Article 15 General Assembly
General Assembly is the highest authority in AASAR.
Article 16 Composition of the General Assembly
1. AASAR will elect a president, several executive vice-presidents and several vice-presidents.
2. The number of Office Bureau should be odd, and any member of Office Bureau should not hold additional office within AASAR. They are elected for a three-year terms of office and can be re-elected for a second term of the same duration.
3. The President shall represent AASAR and guide the affairs of AASAR. The chairman of the Board of Director or the vice-president will take charge of AASAR when the president is absent. The president will be granted as honored president after retiring.
Article 17 General Conference
1. General Conference shall be held once a year;
2. General Conference shall be called by the following ways:
(1) At the request of at least fifth of the members of AASAR with the right purpose, unless there are perceptual regulation in constitution;
(2) Any member of AASAR can call a General Conference if the administrative organization does not.
3. Not less than 8 days notice in a registered letter or a signature form shall be given to all members specifying the meeting date, time, location and agenda.
4. The fact of member’s attendance should be recorded by a meeting book, with the attendants’ name and signatures.
Article 18 Operation
1. The General Assembly can only resolve with attendance of, at least, half of its active members, on first call.
2. Resolutions of the General Assembly are passed by more than half of the attendants except the president. If the vote is equal, the president can vote once more unless otherwise specified by the laws or constitution.
Article 19 Authorities of General Conference
The General Conference is empowered to:
1. Amend constitution;
2. Elect and removal councilors and supervisors;
3. Review the work report and suggestion of the General Council;
4. Review the work report and suggestion of the Board of Supervisors;
5. Manage AASAR;
6. Exercise other duties granted by laws and constitution.
Article 20 General Council
General Council is the administrative organization and in charge of the daily work of AASAR.
Article 21 Composition of General Council
1. Councilors of General Council are elected for a three-year of office and can be re-elected for a second term of the same duration;
2. General Council consists of a general director, several vice general councilors, a general secretary, several councilors and a general treasurer. Number of the members should be odd and any member shall not hold additional office within AASAR. The general director and vice general director should be elect by the General Assembly, while the general secretary and general treasurer should be authorized by the general director.
3. The general treasurer shall take charge of the financial work of AASAR, including keeping financial record, submitting financial report within the duration fixed by the General Council, and submitting an annual financial report at the General Conference.
Article 22 General Council’ Meeting
1. General Council’ meeting can be called under the following cases:
(1) The general councilor thinks necessary;
(2) Called by more than 2/3 members of the General Council;
2. General Council’ meeting should be held at least once a year to decide the activity plans of AASAR. In special case, it can be held in telecommunication form. Only if more than 1/2 of the councilors attend and the resolution goes into effective only after it is voted through by over absolutely majority of the councilors attended.
Article 23 Authorities of General Council
General Council is authorized to:
1. Implement the resolution of the General Assembly;
2. Prepare the General Conference;
3. Report the work and financial work to the General Assembly;
4. Formulate internal regulations;
5. Lead the agencies to work;
6. Represent AASAR in/outside of the court, unless otherwise specified by the constitution;
7. Decide other major issues in AASAR.
Article 24 Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors is the supervisory agency of AASAR.
Article 25 Composition of Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors consists of a president, several vice-presidents and several supervisors, coming from AASAR or other specific supervisory organizations, with Number of Supervisors should be odd and supervisor should not hold additional office within AASAR.
Members of the Board of Supervisors remain in office for a term of three years, eligible for re-election.
Article 26 Meeting of Board of Supervisors
1. The meeting of the Board of Supervisors shall be called under the following cases:
(1) The president thinks necessary;
(2) All supervisors decide to call.
2. The Board of Supervisors meets once per year to review the operation of all agencies within AASAR.
3. Only if over 1/2 of the supervisors attend and the resolution goes into effect only after it is voted through by over absolutely majority of the supervisors attended.
Article 27 Authorities of Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors is authorized to:
1. Supervise the administrative agency’s operation;
2. Examine the accounts of AASAR;
3. Provide annual report about its work;
4. Exercise other duties specified by the laws and constitution;
5. Request the administrative agency of AASAR to offer necessary sources and methods to complete its own duties.
Chapter 4 Constitution and Bylaws
Article 28 Amendments to the Constitution
1. The suggestion to amend the constitution will be proposed under the following cases:
(1) Approved by more than 3/4 of the member of Office Bureau;
(2) Approved by more than 3/4 of the General Council;
(3) Approved by all supervisors;
(4) Requested by more than 1/2 members.
2. Constitutional committee should be set up before amending constitution and it will propose amending suggestions. The constitution should not be amended before the amending suggestion being approved by over 3/4 general members.
Article 29 Explanation
In the event of misunderstanding of the constitution, the General Council is responsible for the explanation under the laws of Macau Special Administrative Region.
Article 30 Bylaws
The otherwise unclear issues in the constitution will be specified by the bylaws of AASAR.
Chapter 5 Funds
Article 31 Financial Work
1. Financial sources of AASAR consist of the following:
(1) Membership dues;
(3) Other legal incomes.
2. The membership dues will be charged under relative regulations.
3. Membership dues should be used for realizing purpose of AASAR, and must not be distributed among members.
4. AASAR will build strict financial management regulations to ensure legal, true, correct and intact financial affairs.
5. The financial affairs will be charged by the Board of Executor and implemented by the general treasurer in details. Two of the general director or general secretary or general treasurer can work together to issue a check.
6. The financial reviewing and handover work should be well implemented during the general election or change of legal representative.
7. Assets of AASAR shall not be offended or embezzled by any organization or individual.
Article 32 Financial year
The financial year of AASAR refers to the year from 1st, January to 31st December.
Chapter 6 Dissolution and Assets Disposition
Article 33 Dissolution
AASAR will dissolute under the following cases:
1. Dissolved, emerging and splitting shall be proposed by the General Council after finishing the aim of Association or termination voluntarily.
2. The proposal of dissolution should be voted through more than 3/4 of the member of AASAR;
3. Before dissolution, a liquidation organization shall be set up to clear debts and deal with the aftermath. No other activities shall be held before dissolution is settled.
Article 34 Assets disposition
After dissolution, the property of AASAR shall be used on issues which have the same goal of AASAR under t the laws of Macau Special Administrative Region.